Update 002: 8 Weeks In
It’s been 54 days since nftinsider.io launched. What have we accomplished in that time, and what are our plans for the future?
A few days ago in our Discord mod room, stuckatsixpm wrote the following message;
Wait… it’s been 8 weeks already? Two whole months? Including Instagram, three whole months?
That time has absolutely flown by. I find it quite hard to be “in the moment”, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to reflect on what we’ve done so far, touch on where I am personally at the moment, and look ahead to what we have planned for the future.
So, what have we done so far? Well, we’ve…
- Created 13 publication schedules – 5 Instagram-only, 8 on Twitter and the website, and 4 with Google Calendar integration (thanks to Zarroba!)
- Published 10 interviews – 8 written and 2 video
- Raised $3,815.47 for a variety of WAX artists, helping them to continue producing incredible work
- Raised $2,703.15 for various charities, supporting causes that have a positive impact on the world
- Grown nftinsider.io to 65,000+ page views/month, Twitter to 7,000+ followers, Instagram to 1,000+ followers and Discord to 1,500+ members
I never would have expected NFT Insider to grow so much, so quickly – the support of you guys, the community, has been nothing short of incredible.
Our aim is to make everyone’s experience of the WAX community that little bit better. Whether that’s working with quality artists to highlight their work, providing collectors with the information and context they need to make informed purchases, or shining a spotlight on the fantastic content made by other personalities in the WAX space, our aim will never change.
This matches our ethos, which is, and always will be, to give back. Rising tides raise all ships as they say, and if there’s anything that can be done to spread the love amongst the community, you can count on us to be there. We’ll continue to split the Interview Card revenue 50/50 between us and the artist, and we’ll continue to support charities through our auctions. Spreading the love is of utmost importance to us.
Let’s move on to where I am personally.
I’m currently taking a week off, which has been sorely needed for some time.
Away from the NFT space, I work 9-5 Mon-Fri in a full-time job. This means that I’m working on NFT Insider from 7-2 weekdays and all day weekends, getting around 4 hours sleep a night across the past two months.
That’s been my day-to-day for about 2 months now, and by the end of last week, I had certainly burned out.
Frankly speaking, that level of commitment isn’t sustainable – no matter how much I try to tell myself otherwise… so how do I fix it?
Ideally, I’d love to be in a position to serve the WAX community full-time, but I’m not quite there yet. That’s my current personal goal.
There’s so, so many things I have planned to further help the community (OG Backers, who have access to my weekly to-do list, can attest to that), and I can’t wait to share these with you.
Speaking of which…
Where are we headed?
Our roadmap has the most up-to-date information, but here’s a few of the things we’re working on at the moment:
- A community resource to highlight and collate all of the key information for WAX, both for artists and collectors
- A brand-new, independent way to verify the quality of an NFT collection/artist
- New written content, providing deeper insights, and giving the community greater knowledge, on various aspects of the WAX blockchain
- Releasing our in-house NFT collection (expanding beyond Interview Cards and stickers!)
- Launching our blend system, and associated rewards
Plus a whole lot more that I can’t quite tell you just yet!
Of course, we’ll keep bringing you our drop schedules, interviews, Community Highlights and much, much more – and we’ll strive to continue improving them so they can be as useful to the community as possible.
The most important thing is that we’re not going anywhere. You, the WAX community, have been so incredibly kind to us since we launched, and the least we can do to repay that is to keep doing what we’re doing.
Serving WAX has been an absolute joy so far, and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. We’re bullish on NFTs, we’re bullish on WAX, and we’re bullish on this awesome community.
I’ll do one of these update posts every once in a while to help live in the moment, stay grounded, and record where we are, and where WAX is. Until the next one, have fun, support one another, and I wish you the best of luck with those pre-mints!