Will Cool Cats New Strategic Direction Help Them Go Mainstream?
The popular blue-chip has a new strategy, with the goal becoming not just a leading NFT project, but a worldwide entertainment brand!
At the time of publication, John held 1 Cool Pet NFT, purchased for 0.295 ETH ($362 USD). This NFT was acquired via the secondary market.
Web3 loves the cats, but what about the world?
Cool Cats, the popular 9,999-piece PFP collection, has revealed a brand-new strategic direction. Led by CEO Stephen Teglas, Clon and the team held a Town Hall on February 1st to present a new brand identity, roadmap and more, with the long-term goal of becoming a globally-recognised entertainment brand.
The new identity revolves around being Cool; fostering inclusivity, enshrining accessibility and unleashing the creator in all of us.
Cool Cats is entering its next chapter with a refreshed new branding strategy that will serve three priorities: engaging its holders, increasing community sentiment, and onboarding new users.
With an ambitious goal to grow its community to over a million members in the upcoming years, the team plans to leverage storytelling content and mainstream brand partnerships to scale their audience and deliver immersive products and experiences.
On January 31, Cool Cats revealed their new branding across their website and social platforms. Blue Cat remains the star of the show, with a new hand-drawn logo and an explosion of vibrant colours to boot – Joe Red, Treasure Yellow, and Reinhardt Blue.
Cooltopia is undergoing a major overhaul, with the announcement that passive $MILK generation will be discontinued from February 7th at 17 UTC, ahead of a Version 2 arriving soon. Content and partnerships – from comics to videos to blog posts – will take centre stage on the new site.
The refreshed website currently features a new profile page, where users can see their Cool Score – a mark of their contributions towards the Cool Cats brand – plus a variety of achievement badges and a Collection Book, which tracks the Cool Cats NFTs you hold.
Whilst the content will help capture attention, Cool Cats will be releasing new products and experiences to be rolled out over the next two weeks.
- Cool Score: Allows users to track, measure, and earn rewards for their engagement with the Cool Cats community. The higher your score, the higher you’ll move up the leaderboards – and the more potential rewards you’ll receive.
- Journeys: Provide immersive storytelling experiences and a soft staking mechanism for Cats and Pets – similar to Cooltopia.
- Fractures NFTs: Dynamic NFTs that evolve as the holder completes more journeys and unlocks more story levels. Fracture NFTs were airdropped to all Cool Cats and Cool Pets holders following the Town Hall.
- Explorers: An entry-level way into the Cool Cats ecosystem, with full-body customizable NFTs available across multiple chains and platforms, to be released later this year.
Cool Cats have had meaningful conversations with multiple brands in fashion, toys, gaming and more over the past few months.
- Ledger: Cool Cats has teamed up with Ledger to launch Ledger Quests, a security training experience for its community, earning them 25 Cool Points and a soul-bound custom NFT from Ledger upon completion, giving them access to purchase Cool Cats-branded Ledger products.
- Hologram Labs: Cool Cats is working with Hologram Labs to bring motion capture utility, 3D capabilities, and the ability to create mo-cap GIFs with their NFTs. The beta phase is set to launch next week to just 50 people, with all 9,999 Cool Cats implemented so far. Participants will be selected via their Cool Score, but even those with just a Cool Pet can sign up and use Blue Cat to create content.
- Macy’s: Following victory in the 2023 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade vote, the Cool Cats team has provided an update on their balloon, with initial designs discussed with the Macy’s team and strong progress made towards their upcoming 2023 parade appearance.
- Game: Cool Cats also revealed a teaser image for a brand-new game, with more details to be announced in the coming months.
Cool Cats is embarking on a new journey, and is committed to delivering for its community. With an aligned vision, values, content strategy and more, it has fast-become the brand to watch in Web3.
In the upcoming weeks, the team will kick-off their “Be Cool” campaign, which will further define the Cool Cats brand, and set it off on the path to becoming a true household name.
Stephen Teglas, CEO at Cool Cats, said:
“Cool Cats is here to stay. We’re not building for the next quarter, the next year, or even the next five years. We’re building for decades to come.”
Learn more about Cool Cats by visiting their website, following their Twitter, and joining their Discord.